Shortly after this:
(Our family's first ever reunion)

I drove cross country with my mom and dad. I learned, or was reminded of a few things.
#1) My hate for traveling and sitting for extensive periods of time in a car/plane/bus has not changed since I was a child.
#2) My dad still has the same stamina he did when we were kids. I had to BEG him to stop early some nights.
#3) It's much easier to sleep with my mom when she's wearing "Snuffy", her CPAP machine.
#4) If I did have the portable DVD player to watch Glee I probably wouldn't have survived.
#5) Tom-Tom, who my dad didn't like(he's old school) helped us out greatly. We were able to find restaurants, gas stations, and hotels in advance thanks to him. My parents also got hourly (sometimes more frequent) updates. "We only have 1,256 miles left!"
Upon arrival, I was so glad to just sleep and relax for a bit!
I was able to visit with some friends, learn to quilt and enjoy being home in beautiful Ohio!
My stunning friend Sara, with her brand new baby boy!
My first quilt ever! Mom said I did good and I finished in three days. My head hurt so badly from sitting over the sewing machine. My dad came home from work just to massage it! That's love!
My cutie pie parents.
Because of Facebook I've been able to make contact with old friends. Francie and I used to have lots of fun in our teen years. She was kind of our adopted sister. Mom and I met up with her at Olive Garden for dinner. It had been about 13 years since I'd seen her. It was so good to catch up!

One day I drove out to Columbus to see Audra and Andy some of my favorite friends. They live in a breathtakingly beautiful neighborhood and I got to meet their cute son! I miss you guys!

I was gone for two and a half weeks and I think my honey missed me. It was the longest we had been apart since we got married.
He bought me some beautiful roses!
I sure do miss Ohio. Sniff sniff.

2 comments:
I want a tom'tom but dad said no! I got lost going to the University Heights store the other day!
I love you Babe! Thank you for coming to see us =)
Glad you had a great trip! Next time you need to call me though :)
Post a Comment