Saturday, October 9, 2010

Miracle Baby



My oldest brother and his wife have two wonderful sons. For the last three years they have been waiting for another little baby to come to them through the miracle of adoption. Within the last month they had a miracle come into their lives. A birth mother contacted them, they established communication, her water broke two months early and Andrew Roy Erickson was born September 28th. He only stayed in the NICU one week. And now he's officially theirs!



This little guy already has tugged at my heart strings. Every day, sometimes twice a day I would text/call Tyler or Jen for an update. So when I got the email saying he was born with pictures attached, I'll be honest, I cried all day. I still get choked up when I think about it. Tyler has always been such a good example to me and he is such a wonderful big brother and father. When Jen came into his life 8 years ago, she fit right in to our family. She is a wonderful mother to my nephews. I can't imagine her heartbreak being in her situation, but she is a woman of strength and courage. My heart is full of love and appreciation for the birth mother and Heavenly Father for blessing their lives, and ours, with a little miracle baby. Andrew.



I can't wait to meet this little guy and hold him and tell him I'm his favorite auntie! I've already bought him presents and I'm hoping we can make it out to Missouri in the spring. I love you little guy. Congratulations Tyler and Jen! We love you.

5 comments:

Jen@Because I can said...

Thanks Kjerstin! We love you too and can't wait to see you again!

Cardalls said...

What a wonderful blessing! Congrats to you and Tyler and Jen!

Lex and Chris said...

That is wonderful that they were able to add to their family! He is adorable! They are blessed!

LeeZ and WeeZ said...

What a beautiful little boy! Congratulations to you all! I can't wait for the day when my sister and brother in law receive their little miracle too. :)

Jordan said...

Congrats!!! What a cutie he is- so sweet!