Friday, November 12, 2010

Random thoughts

And so begins the busy time of the year. Because of my "stupidness" I have created an even busier schedule than usual. My teaching license expires in March 2011. As my silent protest, I have foolishly refused to pay to take classes to renew my license until now. A little too late. I started my first class last week, and THANKFULLY it's over. I'm ashamed to say the only reason I signed up for that particular class was because it was $10. May I ask why teachers have to pay to take classes and then pay the state again for a piece of paper? Oh well...enough of my ranting. Needless to say I have two more classes and a graduate class that I will be finishing before December 17th. Current and future teachers...take my advice and don't wait until the very end. =)

In other news...I am pondering purchasing a bike. Any suggestions for a good, moderately priced one?

Because I work on the Air Force base here, we were privileged to have a visit this week from Nevada Congressman Dean Heller for Veterans Day. He was very gracious with my fifth graders and they were SO excited to meet him which I thought was very cool.

Monday night this week was a rough one. A few culminating things led up to me feeling not so good. I'll spare you the details but I was reminded of a very important thing. I have a wonderful husband. I remember when we were dating; we had been together for about 7 months when things went "south" as they say. I had my biggest, most painful flare up ever. I remember every time I called him he said, "Where do I need to be and when?" He has such a calming, healing spirit. His middle name, Asa, means healer. I believe with all my heart this is a gift he has been given from God. He is a healer. I am grateful that he can heal me. Anyway, he blessed me again that night with his presence and amazing ability to care for me and know just what to do. It made me love him more. Thanks honey!

It's been nice to have the last two days off to just relax and catch up on my relaxing time.

Pictures to come soon of some recent travels! We are looking forward to spending time with Steve's family for Thanksgiving in Utah. I want to see this!

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Hey let me know when those classes come up. I HAVE to take them too! I am not looking forward to them.

Cardalls said...

So glad you have him...and so sorry you had a flare up :(

Sabrina said...

You two are meant for eachother.I hope your feeling better. If you ever need anything remember we are a hop and a skip away. Just let us know.