Sunday, November 22, 2009

Carving Pumpkins

I know, I know...this post is INCREDIBLY late, seeing as Thanksgiving is in four days, but now is better than never right?

So, I always get "bitten" by the holiday bug and I LOVE to celebrate! This of course includes carving pumpkins. I usually tend to be quite ambitious, however this year, my pumpkin was HORRIBLE. See? It's supposed to say "BOO". I failed...



To counteract my horrible-ness, Steve carved a really great one!



Steve loves pumpkin seeds. I told him to try cooking them with cinnamon and sugar (saw it in a magazine), but he didn't want to. He stuck to the traditional olive oil, salt and pepper coated ones, baked to perfection! Here's our collection pile...



Happy Belated Halloween!

3 comments:

Family von Graf said...

I love it! I get the holiday bug too. A long time ago the RJ would have a kids section on Thursdays and one Halloween they had a recipe on how to make edible delicious pumpkin seeds. I tried and they were ok. Not as good as store bought ones. lol

Robin Erickson said...

Hahahaha! Your carved pumpkin makes me laugh! At first I thought, "what was she trying to carve?" Your pumpkin had a lobotomy!!!!!!! Love you Babe! Mom

Beth said...

I hope you don't mind I let your mother know I like looking and your blog it's fun keeping up with you. I love your pumpkin it looks like one I would carve!:) At least there was great effort. Hope your Thanksgiving was nice.