I'm grateful for the heads up from a colleague the night before we were going to leave. They were blasting the dam Friday morning at nine. We made it just in time; we saw the man pulling out the cones just as we drove by! PHEW!
WARNING: Before you read any further, this is a LONG post with LOTS of pictures! There are great pictures and I just have to include the majority of them!
After about 5 1/2 hours of a long, BORING drive (Steve would tell you otherwise; he said there was a "wide range of vegetation"! Haha! He especially loved the saguaros!)we arrived around 2 p.m. at Kyle and Jessy's apartment. Kyle had class until 3 so we just vegged! We walked across the street to his school and enjoyed a Halloween carnival for the student's children. Very cool.
Everyone but me enjoyed free hot chocolate and donuts from Dunkin Donuts. Look? Don't they look like they're enjoying life?

Next we headed to La Piazza! Steve and I are fans of Guy Fieri. He won a Food Network "Chef" contest several years ago, and now he has several shows on the Food Network. Our favorite is Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. This restaurant in Glendale, AZ was featured on one of his shows and we just HAD to go! They have yummy brick-oven fired pizza. (I have two pictures but they are giving me "trouble" and not rotating!)
Next on the agenda was heading to a costume party thrown by K & J's friends. We enjoyed the party as Batman and Batwoman and the 80's couple! Steve had a NASTY moustache. I made him shave the next day because he was growing attached. =)


This was Steve's temporary tat!

A close look at the nasty Mexi-mullet.

A close look at my sweet 80's makeup. Sexy I know!

Did you know Batman wore his signature shirt underneath his costume?

Steve's many expressions of happiness eating a RingPop. Scene: It was laying on the table, Steve wanted it, ate it and Jessy took some sweet "photogs".



I made an itinerary and felt pretty savvy! I even printed a TripTik map from AAA. I handed it to Steve and he said, "I don't need this!" I thought it was pretty funny. I do have to give him props though...he is a human map/compass! So, part of my research uncovered a place called Deer Valley Rock Art Center also located in Glendale. This place I knew would be right up Steve's alley. Turns out we all enjoyed the tour!

We learned about an animal called a javelina. Interesting...and similar to a pig. Here I am wearing glasses that simulated the javelina's poor eyesight. Haha! It was too funny we couldn't resist taking a picture.


The Deer Valley Rock Art Center features ancient petroglyphs. They are "carved" into lava rock and it's pretty dang cool. We would recommend going!

Here's my Stevie checking things out.

Here's a far away picture of the saguaros that Steve LOVES.

Next we headed to Phoenix. Surprisingly Kyle and Jessy hadn't been down to the city yet. We hit the highlights...mostly the Suns and Diamondbacks stadiums. We drove around for a while looking for a place to park that was CHEAP. A parking garage attendant directed us to a garage nearby. We're so glad because we discovered a BEAUTIFUL park right in middle of the city! It was breathtaking! I was also happy to discover that Phoenix was VERY clean and most importantly they have a performing arts theatre! YAY!
Kyle and Jessy love each other.

Steve and Kj love each other.


Jessy is JUST LIKE Beyonce. Hot.

Steve and Kyle HEART the Suns. Can't you tell?

Again, you can't help it when you look good...

Now THIS is precious. HAHAHAHA!

Baseball anyone?

That night we enjoyed a free meal from Chipotle (courtesy of foil...don't ask), the new Indiana Jones movie and a special caramel apple lesson from Jessy! They were delicious!




I was so impressed on this trip because Kyle didn't study AT ALL! Yay for that! I'm sure it was nice for him to have a break. He did some of his "doctor stuff" on me and Steve and HEALED us! Haha! He will be a wonderful doctor some day. We enjoyed the wonderful hospitality and can't wait to go back!

2 comments:
HAHAHAHAH.........your comments are hilarious! Looks like you had a great time!
i love that one sweatshirt you're wearing! also jessy is not hotter than beyonce. I AM. how dare you. and steves molestache WAS SICKKKKKKKK never again k?
Post a Comment