Monday, January 4, 2010

Disneyland Birthday



For Steve's 28th (gasp!) birthday I decided a long time ago we should go to Disneyland. I registered him on the site for his FREE birthday ticket and we didn't make the official plans until a few days before we left. Steve took care of the hotel arrangements and I printed off the AAA TripTik which we didn't really need thanks to my "human compass" husband. He lucked out and we were able to extend our vacation to more than just one day!

Birthday Boy!


We left on Saturday afternoon and went along our merry way. About an hour outside of Anaheim, CA it started storming. Visibility was horrible and the rain was coming down in buckets. A black cloud loomed over our fabulous Disney weekend. The rain did NOT let up. As soon as we checked into our hotel we headed out in search of ponchos. Target, Walmart and Walgreens were OUT of ponchos and umbrellas. Steve said that maybe God was punishing us for going on Sunday. (What a good guy with a great conscience). We decided to just head back to the hotel and enjoy the rest of the evening and pray for good weather the next day. I was so excited I wanted Steve to open his presents the night before his birthday. He kindly obliged.

Sunday morning we woke up, and we sure were lucky ducks because there wasn't a cloud in the sky! It was the first time we had both been to Disneyland in a LONG time; Steve since he was 17ish and me since I was 2. We learned our lesson this time-DO NOT follow the signs that lead you to parking. I swear we drove around for an hour trying to find the shuttle in. Later we were redeeming Steve's free ticket and he received a Happy Birthday Steve button! He didn't want to wear it, but I couldn't resist it! Priceless. ALL day Steve got the much deserved attention for his birthday. The rest of the day was history. We felt like kids again. We LOVED just being together and enjoying such a wonderful experience. Happy Birthday honey. I sure do love you.

Where to next?


Mickey!


HaHa! Steve's in the dog house!


I guess I'm not meant to be queen of Camelot!


Enjoying the train ride and resting our feet!


Awww...to be a princess.


Right before this picture was taken we discovered something...the camera, Indiana Jones and forgetfulness. Ask me for details if you want to know. =)

Mr. Sweet Tooth had to have a lollipop. He devoured it!


Steve cracked me up everytime we went on a non-scary ride like Snow White and he would scream at the top of his lungs. He rather enjoyed doing it! He comforted me everytime we went on a ride I "technically" wasn't supposed to go on because of my HBP. He would say, "This ride was made for kids...you got this!" I think I psyched myself out more than anything. Too many unpleasant experiences I guess. Steve and I were both amazed at my endurance. I walked, stood and walked some more for 10 hours on my "non-existent circulation" feet. Thanks to Dr. Scholl's circulatory socks and some good kicks I came out victorious! We enjoyed the fireworks show via the shuttle bus and crashed for the night! Now I'm hooked and can't wait for our next trip!

10 comments:

Jen@Because I can said...

Glad you had fun!

Bethany said...

Disneyland is the best! I'm so glad you felt well and had a great time.

Unknown said...

Lets Plan one before our passes expire in May! We wanted to crash your party so bad, but Garrett had to speak that Sunday! I'm glad you had such a fun time!

Michelle said...

Disneyland is the best!!! Dave and I were there in October and had a blast together!

Cardalls said...

looks like so much fun!

Robin Erickson said...

You guys deserved a day in the land of enchantment! I'm glad you had fun!

Jordan said...

Sounds like so much fun! Glad you both had such a great trip!!!

Whitney said...

i read it! you cant spank me! i a good girl

Lex and Chris said...

Now that is an awesome birthday idea! I am glad you had fun!

Family von Graf said...

I freaking hate how photogenic you are! lol But I love you immensely and think that was a totally fun trip for you two!