Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Our St. Patrick's Day party- Mormon style






So, I have one of the AWESOMEST friends in the world! She is definitely a fan of Ireland. So, one day we were out shopping, stopped in at WalMart for an end table, and walked out with an Irish celebration book of sorts! We decided to throw a party...we started out with HUGE ambitions, then realized being realistic was a better option. She gathered music off i-tunes for our listening pleasure, had games planned, and spent many hours preparing for this. It was a GREAT idea and a fun way to spend time with friends (since Steve was in Utah). Below you will find some of our delicious and enticing food choices!



Broccoli and Cheese Scones



Sugar Cookies



Mint Chocolate Cookies



Lucky Charms treats



Mmm...I LOVE IBC Rootbeer! So good!







So, let's be honest, I was SUPER tired on this day because of my hectic week. So this is what I did most of the day while Tanya worked her "tooshie" off!



See?



A better look at my AWESOME placemats!




We mostly relaxed, enjoyed each others company, and then the games started...





It's Kool-Aid I promise!





Amber and Jason drank little glasses of anything from soy sauce, mayonnaise and I don't know what else...YUCK!



St. Patrick's Day is an enchanted time - a day to begin transforming winter's dreams into summer's magic.
~Adrienne Cook

Thank you Tanya for such a fun time! I'm lucky to have a great friend like you! It was a success!

2 comments:

Jen@Because I can said...

I don't believe you, I don't think it was kool-aid, you were really drinking...um actually I don't really even know the names of any alcoholic drink that you would drink out a shot glass...must be Mormon!

Anonymous said...

It was an awesome partay!! Kjerstin was more help than she let on!! But yes I do love Ireland very much! And yes Jennifer, it was IBC root beer and a mixture of lime koolaid, lime sherbet and lemon-lime soda. I think we were all slighlty hung over the next day from the sugar buzz!!