Sunday, June 17, 2012

My 100th post!

How fitting that on my 100th post I have the privilege of talking about fathers. My dad, Kenneth Martin Erickson is a great man. The older I get the more I realize that I am a lot like him. Intelligent, passionate, outspoken, driven and stubborn to name a few qualities. Although intense and in your face about his political beliefs =), he is very kind and has a huge heart. He has amazing energy. Still at 50 something he can do more in a day with less sleep than me. It's remarkable. I remember him running around the house when we were younger with a raw turkey on his hand gobbling and chasing us. He doesn't fit the stereotypical CPA persona; he's a goof. I love that I have always known how much my dad loves me. Much to my dismay (not really), he thinks I am still 5 years old and worries about me and still likes to tell me what to do. I do value his opinion. He has amazing intellect and strength. There's only been one or two times in my 31 years that he hasn't known the answer to a question anyone asked him. I hope you know how much I love you dad. My father in law Roger West is also a great man. I'm thankful to him for raising his son to be a wonderful man. I'm grateful for his love and continuous support. My heart hurts a little today. Mainly because my wonderful husband, Steve, is not a father yet. I'm so grateful for his patience, love and dedication to me. Many of you know I have lupus and because of it maintaining a pregnancy will be difficult. We are on the path to being able to move forward, but it takes time. All I know is that he will one day be a wonderful father. He possesses so many attributes that I don't and I can't wait to see him shine in this divine role. In the meantime, this little girl has stolen his heart. Happy Father's Day to all the great men in my life. Never forget how important you are.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

You will be fantastic parents. I am praying for you.

chercard said...

You have a mothering heart Kj if I've ever seen one! We love you, thanks for mothering my kids!