Emily's BYU convocation was a time of reflection for me. I'm eight years into my teaching career and I'm finding myself a bit jaded. Not by choice, just because of experience.
I felt very prepared when I entered my career, but there's a lot of things they don't tell you. Don't get me wrong, I love my job. I love teaching. It's the institution of it all that gets to me. So any of you educators out there can hopefully be refreshed by these words from the speaker.
1. Love those you teach.
2. Prepare for the worst, but expect the best.
3. Live with less and practice the principles.
4. Be an example of the believers.
5. Don't let anyone tell you you're less than you are.
6. Teaching is all about the verbs: serve, teach, give, lift and nourish.
With that all being said, how many days until summer? I'm not counting, but it's less than 40. :)
Monday, April 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You can do it Kjerstin! You've always been a wonderful role model to me. You're an incredible teacher. I love you.
Post a Comment