Thursday, August 6, 2009

I'm not ready!

For three days this week I attended a training for work. It was a training on how to write our school improvement plan, along with other tips to enhance our professional development. There's only six people from our school on the committee. YAY for me!

I am not required to return to work for another two weeks. I plan on soaking up the rest of my summer. This training was just a glimpse back into the "real world" that I have been apart from this summer. Because I clear my mind of school during my summers, this training was a shock to the system (literally, I'm SO TIRED!) and I am beginning to feel like this...



Not because I can't take it, but because it's a crazy world out there. Being a teacher is so complex, and there's lots of lines that we need to be careful not to cross. I KNOW that I have been given a gift to share, and I'm grateful to do it. Sometimes though, I feel overwhelmed and unprepared for what comes my way. Sometimes its hard knowing you're always being watched and essentially shaping the youth of America! Bottom line, I know how to do my job and I do it. I'm just bracing myself for a CRAZY year with lots of lessons to learn and rides to have!

Here's to another school year! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Robin Erickson said...

I wish all teachers would take their job as seriously as you do! You have been given a gift, but you are a natural as well. I love you! Enjoy your time with Whitney!

Jordan said...

I wish we had more great teachers like you! Best of luck this coming year- you'll be awesome :)