We headed to J & J Gardens in Layton, Utah, which is a HUGE haven of all things "garden-like". Steve and Marlene were especially excited to go there, and Neal and I tagged along. (Check out the website, the place is amazing! I even got some good deals, I'll share those later).

Loading up the truck!
Steve used his expertise and he planted some trees for Neal and Marlene. They bought purple robe locusts, flowering plums, flowering crabapples, Mugho pines, red twig cottonwoods and two other brands of evergreens/pines that I can't remember the name of! Steve was so excited to do this, and once again, he never ceases to amaze me with his knowledge!
Enjoy the fruits of his labors below!
Below you will find some great pictures. Neal and Steve spent lots of time trying to fixing a leaking gas gasket on this old tractor. The neighbors had these goats; Steve told me goats are good to have because they'll eat your weeds....things I never knew!


Okay...so much to share! We also spent some quality time on the ATV's and the Polaris Ranger (which is a super-duper ATV). We took a drive up the Meadow Canyon and got MUDDY!

The Ranger


Marlene with Chewy (their shih-tzu) ALL muddy!

Neal enjoying the brisk, mountain air!
Okay, we also took a drive out to the natural warm springs and to a stone quarry. So much to explore! Steve was in HEAVEN!
It was such a fun weekend. We also had lots of yummy meals, watched a foreign film with subtitles (Dresden-VERY good...except we're waiting for part two now!) and enjoyed lots of laughs! It was definitely a nice break for a few days....back to real life....soon!







5 comments:
The trees in our yard are from J & J. It looks like you had a great time! I'm glad you didn't freeze in this "spring" weather.
OMG! That looks like so much fun! I love going to my dad's cause it's similar to what you have there, but he doesn't have goats. If he did, I'd probably borrow them so they would come eat MY WEEDS! HA HA HA
Hey Guys! Looks like married life is treating you well! We love and miss you! Send us a note sometime!
SarahG.a
Eric has taken me to that spring and we actually got in. Ofcouse we went at night and I had no Idea what it looked like. There are always a lot of people there in the summer.
Getting away from the city is very nice every once in a while. :)
Post a Comment