Its been about three weeks since I had my appendectomy. What an experience that was. I'm grateful for a speedy recovery and for so many caring friends and family who served me and loved and prayed for me from afar.
Thank you to all of you who served us. We are forever grateful.
My surgery was only the beginning of a spiral of events, some too personal to share. Now as I'm living the "calm after the storm" I have realized many things as I've had some extra time to ponder. Although I'm an extrovert by nature when it comes to my trials I seem to draw inward and keep my struggles private. I don't like people to feel sorry for me. I don't want them to worry about me and most of all I don't want to be ungrateful to a loving God. He's preserved my life and granted me miracles on so many occasions, my way of getting through is just moving on and picking up the pieces to normal as quickly as I can. Call me stubborn and you'll be right, I am. It's how I deal with things.
So, as a part of my recovery process I feel it's important share the things that got me through and to also express my gratitude for my many blessings. In no particular order:
1. Downton Abbey. This is a wonderful PBS mini-series. If you haven't watched it, you need to. Now!
2. My church community-thanks to good friends, visiting teachers and priesthood blessings my heart and soul were uplifted, humbled and reminded of what matters most. We had meals provided, my house cleaned and lots of prayers.
3. My family, immediate and extended. I have the most wonderful parents and siblings. I also couldn't ask for better in-laws. The love of my family overwhelms me.
4. I truly have had remarkable medical care my entire life. I'm grateful for doctors who care about ME and my well being.
5. Our sweet dog Lily. She's just so cute.

6. My strong, resilient body I've been blessed with.
7. Exercise-I attribute my quick healing partly to my exercise habits. =)
8. My husband Steve. He is my rock. This experience took me back to the beginning of 2008 when we were just dating. His true colors shone way back then and his "rays" only continue to get brighter. I don't know how to explain it. He not only balances me, but he is able to calm me when no one else can. He is so nurturing and tells me exactly what I need to hear in these crisis situations. If he's there I know I'll be okay. He reminds me of what is important. That everything is in God's hands. That I need to pray for strength and for my faith to be increased. That he loves me. I wish all of you could see him in action! It's quite remarkable.

It's only fitting after all my blubbering about my wonderful hubby that you all know it's our 4th wedding anniversary. I'm so grateful that he has blessed my life with his and that I get to spend eternity with him.
Here's to our continuing journey...
3 comments:
Stubborn is right :) I love you sissy! Your strength and endurance is beyond admirable. I'm lucky to have you.
I miss you and am so glad that you are doing well. You are always so positive and I love it!
You are a pretty amazing person too! Glad you are doing better :)
Post a Comment