Here are some things we've been up to/will be up to:
#1) I joined one of the local YMCA's. Best. Decision. Ever. I already belong to a gym here in town and while I enjoy going, my preferred exercise is not found at the gym with the treadmills and bikes. I am taking water aerobics classes three days a week and LOVING it! It's low impact on my joints but it's a HECK of a workout. I wake up in the morning and am EXCITED to exercise. It's a win win situation. I have tried zumba and will be checking out the balletone and yoga classes soon. I only have a summer pass that lasts through October but definitely plan on extending my membership. One of my instructors even said that in the fall they are planning on offering evening classes for water aerobics!! YAY! I've never been focused on losing x-amount of pounds. I just want to be healthy, tone and build muscle. I took my first official measurements last night.
#2) My momma came for a visit. I went and picked her up in Kingman. She made the rounds with her kiddos out west. It was so FUN to have her here. When she left I cried. Even though I will be seeing her soon. I wish I could see her more. While she was here we cooked, cleaned, went to water aerobics, did some gardening (pictures to come), crafted, sewed (she fixed my machine...yay!), looked for furniture and just enjoyed being together. Love you mom!!
I met up with Kyle, Jessy, Lorelei and mom at Cracker Barrel. Love this girl!!
Our token trip picture, right before we dropped mom off at the airport.
#3) Steve got a new truck back in May. He loves it, but not the gas mileage. It has a whopping 35 gallon tank!! Needless to say, he leaves the truck home with me and drives my more friendly gas mileage Honda to work. I feel so big and tall in his HUGE truck.
#4) We booked flights to St. Louis. My brother Tyler and his wife Jen adopted my nephew, Andrew, last September. Their court date was July 1st and he is legally theirs!! YAY!! On July 16th he will be sealed to them in the St. Louis temple and Steve and I CAN'T WAIT to have a mini-vacation and meet our precious nephew.
#5) Right after St. Louis I am flying to Reno for a week long all expenses paid conference. I've never been to Reno and I'm definitely excited!!!
#6) I signed up to be a Mary Kay consultant. More of a hobby than business right now. So, if you want a facial, I'm here to help! The products are outstanding and I'm looking forward to earning a little extra cash.
#7) HARRY POTTER!!!!!! The movie is coming out in 8 days. I'm pumped. Definitely going to the theatre!!!
#8) PINTEREST. Oh em gee. Have you been on this site? I'm ADDICTED to say the least. If you want an invite let me know. You have to check it out!!!
I'm looking forward to our third anniversary this summer and not looking forward to packing up our apartment and moving. Moving stinks. (No worries, not leaving Las Vegas yet; just moving across town).
So, Whitney, is this update sufficient for you? Haha. Til' next time...here's to hoping it's not months before I update again.

2 comments:
So excited to see you guys!
I could be talked into a Mary Kay facial. I have been looking for good makeup..come on over!
Post a Comment