I am WAY late on posting this...better late than never!
I had the opportunity to go home to Ohio for two weeks in June. Anytime I'm with my mother I like to learn from her. She is an amazing homemaker. This time around she taught me to quilt. (It's definitely an added bonus to get the employee discount from your mom when making such things!) Off we went to JoAnn's and she instructed me on how to pick out the right fabrics. I was ambitious and picked six fabrics that I loved!
The overall project took three days and only a few bumps. We messed up on some of the measuring and had to go buy some more fabric. Other than that and mom helping me match some corners, it was easy! She said that I was very good for not being a seamstress; now this is a HUGE compliment coming from my mom. =) She was a wonderful teacher!
I was very pleased with the end result and can't wait to try another one! Next time I'm not going to make it so fast though. I got a KILLER headeache after finishing it. I think it was a result of me bending over the machine so much!

6 comments:
Good job! Isn't it addicting?
Wow girl! You did an amazing job! Can't wait to see your next one. Thank goodness for Mothers.
I love it, so pretty!
Love it! Great job!
So good!! I've been working on a quilt for Tori since January...I'm so close to being done!! It's fun isn't it. I hope you had a great time being home. Love ya and miss ya!!! Jenny
Ya did great Babe!
Post a Comment