Monday, September 2, 2013

So, today marks 35 weeks. It's so surreal I can't even wrap my brain around what is about to come! I'm trying to go with an "open mind" philosophy. I've made tentative plans but know that they will "go out the window" because I know God is in charge. I registered for the hospital online yesterday and hope to find a cute outfit to bring lil' man home in today. Everyone keeps asking if his room is ready. The answer is no. We've made some preparations but I'm a minimalist. And I know he'll survive with diapers and onesies and lots of love. I have some showers coming up and look forward to seeing dear friends to celebrate this special time in our lives. My health is trekking along. There's probably a better word that that...The Lord has blessed us IMMENSELY and that is always on my mind. My blood pressure is steady and I've finally gained some weight. My platelet count was low last time, but I spoke with my nurse today and it's back to normal so that's a relief! I'm moving to 2/week fetal monitoring this week and 1/week appointments. It will be a nice break from work too. 2 half days a week = a little wee bit of downtime for this momma to be. I've made arrangements for a long term sub and there's lots of paperwork looming over my head, but it will all come together. My boss is being very cooperative and I have great colleagues. I won't lie though-it's been difficult going back to work. I even slipped in the rain on Friday, there's just no way to be graceful at this stage. I'm trying to keep up with my exercising and Steve is stepping in a little more to help out with things at home. Now, the updates on our little guy. According to Friday's ultrasound, he weights 5 lbs. 2 oz and is measuring in the 38th percentile. He's growing just fine!! His ultrasound also revealed he's already got some hair!! I've had two people tell me in the last week that if you have acid reflux during pregnancy (DEFINITELY me) that means your baby will be hairy. Is this an old wives tale? I've NEVER heard it. He continues to show his stubborn side and had his arm and hand right in front of his face...STINKER!! So, when will this baby come? Only the Lord knows. Doc thinks I'll carry longer than he originally intended. He says his goal is for our baby not to be in the NICU and I rather like his goal. Now, I usually don't take too much stock in what other people say, but I'm curious at what you might suggest as far as advice for me. Only positive things please. Let me know what you wish you would have known the first time around. Please continue to pray for our little family and that our lil' guy will continue to grow healthy and strong. We feel your prayers and support constantly. Thank you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you! The heartburn being common with a "hairy baby" is actually based in medical truth, but I can't remember why. Although there was real pain and work involved, I truly enjoyed Victoria's birth. I went the epidural route, which allowed me to rest a bit during labor before the pushing began, and I was happy with my decision. That's very personal, and you'll do whatever is right for you, but a less controversial thing that helped me with the end of pregnancy and labor/ delivery was listening to hypnobabies cd's. Now I did not use the program as it was intended (I already admitted having an epidural), but I found it very relaxing before and during labor. Also, try to take a shower and change into normal clothes as soon as possible. I ended up staying the the hospital gown way longer than I should have, and I was kind of afraid of showering after what my body had been through, but when I finally did clean I felt so much better. Best of luck and God bless... Can't wait to hear about your experience and see pictures!

Stephanie said...

You three are always in my prayers. I am so Happy for this wonderful addition to your family. i wish I could be there to come to a little shower and share in the excitment. But I will be there in spirit. I love you both so much and hope the best. I don't have any advice, but listen to the Lord and he will give you the knowledge you need.

Melanie said...

I can't sa anything about labor because I never even experienced a contraction. We had a scheduled c-section with Evelyn because she was breech (folded completely in half, head AND feet up!). I cried for weeks when I found out. I wish I could have understood that having a c-section wasn't because of anything I did wrong! So my advice is that sometimes things beyond our control happen, it's not because of anything we did during pregnancy and it certainly doesn't make you any less of a mother! Also, enjoy the visitors in the hospital, it's a huge reminder of how many people love and care for you! Don't worry about how you look either or anything embarassing that may happen- I threw up in front of about 10 family members and friends! Just enjoy every moment! We're praying for y'all!